Harold B. MurphyShareholder Boston email@example.com
- Harvard College A.B., cum laude, 1977
- Suffolk University Law School J.D., 1981
Harold Murphy is considered one of the leading insolvency lawyers in New England. According to Chambers and Partners U.S.A., “Harold Murphy is considered ‘the go-to guy when it comes to regional debtor cases of any size.'”
Mr. 墨菲经常参与庭外重组，在商业金融、诉讼和担保贷款等领域有着丰富的经验, mergers and acquisitions. In addition to his work for debtors, Mr. Murphy represents creditors’ committees, trustees, and creditors in Chapter 11 reorganizations and Chapter 7 liquidations. He has served as Chapter 7 and 11 trustee, counsel, and examiner in numerous liquidation and reorganization cases.
Mr. Murphy is the founder and Director of the firm’s Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Group.
Mr. Murphy served as a law clerk to the Hon. Thomas W. Lawless, Chief Judge, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Boston, Massachusetts, 1981-1984.
- Represent operator of statewide broadband network in Chapter 11. 成功地仲裁了对国家机构的索赔，并获得了一项重组计划的确认，该计划为网络的继续管理和运营提供了条件.
- Represent estate of more than 100 year old iconic candy manufacturer and distributor in Revere, Massachusetts. Conducted distressed sale of substantially all assets. 随后，由于债务人在破产前的行为，根据多项罪名和多种追偿理论，向债务人的管理层和业主/有担保债权人调查并展开两项诉讼，寻求救济.
- 代表第11章受托人管理世界上最大的庞氏和金字塔骗局之一，涉及超过100万参与者，总共损失约30亿美元. 建议和协助受托人建立独特的程序和惯例，以解决净输家的索偿，并从净赢家追讨赔偿, 包括原告集体诉讼制度对净赢家的诉讼和建立电子, interactive online portal for filing of claims. 成功地获得了计划的确认，从而分发了大约40%的允许索赔.
- Inspiration Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. -代表生物制药公司的债务人-经营者，主要关注血友病的治疗. The Debtor consummated two sales of substantially all of its assets, the total consideration of which, including royalties and milestone payments, is estimated to exceed $500 million.
- SW Boston Hotel Venture, LLC, et al. -代表8名债务人在美国马萨诸塞州破产法院的破产法第11章重组. The Debtors owned the W Hotel and Residences, a real estate project consisting of a luxury hotel and 122 luxury condominium units. 经确认的计划规定立即出售酒店，并由债务人在一段时间内继续出售剩余未出售的公寓. The case involved multiple lenders owed in excess of $170 million in debt.
- Modern Continental Construction Co., Inc. – Represented the Debtor, the single largest contractor on the so-called “big dig” construction project, in confirming a Chapter 11 plan. As of the petition date, there were fourteen open “big dig” contracts, numerous other open public works contracts, and over $1 billion in debt.
- Regional Hospital Workout – Assisted a regional hospital in successfully restructuring certain obligations. The hospital had issued new bonds to refinance existing bonds and raise funds for new construction. The interest rate for the new bonds was tied to the auction rate securities market. When the auction rate securities market collapsed, the hospital’s interest burden almost tripled. 乐天堂国际协助医院对推荐这笔交易的财务顾问提出索赔. 最终达成的全球和解包括对互换协议的有利修改, 向医院支付款项，并发放某些担保品，使医院能够减少和重组其机构债务.
- GPX International Tire Corporation – Represented the Debtor, one of the largest off-the-road, truck and specialty tire manufacturers in the United States and Canada, 在马萨诸塞州地区的美国破产法院确认了它的第11章计划.
- Fort Hill Square Associates, et al. -代表两名债务人在美国马萨诸塞州破产法院的破产法第11章重组. The Debtors held two of Boston’s premiere office towers, One and Two International Place. Our work enabled the Debtors to confirm their plan restructuring approximately $700,000,000 of indebtedness and retaining ownership of the properties.
- Boston Regional Medical Center, Inc. -代表债权人委员会关闭一家有300张病床、负债超过5 000万美元的医院，并随后清盘. Appointed as liquidating agent, Mr. Murphy oversaw liquidation of substantially all assets, 对医院前职员及院长提出数百万元的诉讼，并提出检控, the hospital accounts receivable lender and the failed pre-petition acquirer of hospital.
- Olympus Healthcare Group, Inc., et al. -在特拉华州美国破产法院确认的破产法第11章重组中代表多个债务人. As of the bankruptcy filing, Olympus operated nine facilities in Massachusetts and Connecticut providing acute (non-surgical), chronic, medical and rehabilitation services to over 900 patients and employed approximately 1,600 employees. Pursuant to the approved plan of reorganization, the Debtors transferred operating facilities to a third party as part of a competitive sale process.
- Ski Area Workout - -代表拥有一个区域滑雪场的实体拒绝贷款人对由委托人提供无条件担保的超过500万美元的有担保债务行使补救办法. 乐天堂国际成功说服了贷款方，并以900万美元的价格找到了一位买家.
- Caribbean Petroleum LP, et al. -代表多个债务人在美国特拉华州破产法院的破产法第11章重组. The Debtors imported, 在波多黎各通过大约250个特许服务站的零售连锁店储存和销售石油产品. 债务人的市场份额约占波多黎各零售石油市场和债务的20%, on a consolidated basis of over $120 million. 今年3月，债务人股东保留全部股权的重组计划被成功确认, 2003.
- The Ground Round, Inc. et al. -代表多个债务人在马萨诸塞州地区的美国破产法院确认他们的第11章计划. 债务人是一家主要的连锁餐厅，由大约59家公司拥有和经营的餐厅和另外73家特许经营餐厅组成